Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'll be traveling...

I was hoping that the Times would have more on the case this weekend, but there is nothing in the weekend edition. Hopefully they, and others, will have more in the weeks to come. As Sibel said last week:
"As I have said from the beginning, this story is not about me, there are many sources who have been waiting for the right time to come forward, I've probably never even heard of most of them, and now they are coming forward. This will play out like Watergate played out, with the drip, drip, drip. So I say to everyone 'Buckle up, there's much more coming.'"
I'll be traveling for the next few months and will not be writing about the case regularly during that time. Miguel will be updating Let Sibel Edmonds Speak with links to any significant stories if and when they arise.

I will be communicating with Sibel while I'm away, and if anything significant occurs I will try to get to a computer and will publish something.

In the meantime, here are my three most popular youtube videos if you haven't seen them yet. (For all of my youtubes regarding Sibel, see here)

"Sibel Edmonds. Investigations Thwarted" (25,000 views)


"Sibel Edmonds. Everybody Knows." (10,000 views)


"Sibel Edmonds, Greatest Hits" (5,000 views)


Thank you all for your support. Please keep sending relevant articles to your congressmen and to media outlets asking them to report on these most important matters.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll definitely miss your efforts, Luke! Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Luke, this may be nothing, but I thought I'd send it your way...

Businessman Colakoglu found dead

Recent Suicide of Major Turkish Banker. I've been meaning to check for ATC connections before posting, but not getting around to it, so don't know that it's related to SE. Just that it reads more like "suicide," and fits the very broad profile.

Businessman Colakoglu found dead
Businessman Ali Nuri Colakoglu was found dead with a bullet wound in his dead in Istanbul on Saturday.

- 27 / 01 / 2008 07:53

Businessman Ali Nuri Colakoglu was found dead with a bullet wound in his dead in Istanbul on Saturday.

Ali Nuri Colakoglu, a member of the Colakoglu family who owns the majority shares of a Bank, was dropped off by his driver for a hike in Beykoz.

A gun shot was heard in the direction where Colakoglu was hiking.

Police crime scene investigation units found Colakoglu shot dead in the head. A pistol was found at the scene.

The first findings suggest it was a suicide, it was reported. The investigation continues.



The family's business is significant enough for another member to have made the Forbes Richest People in the world list for the last two years. Although obviously, it would be an enormous leap of non-logic to conclude that being a billionaire in Turkey (out of a possible pool of 21 in 2006, and a possible pool of 25 in 2007, per the same source) is sufficient grounds for reading any one of them his Miranda rights.

So fwiw. It was the mention of real-life scariness that shook it into my mind, and I decided to post before it fell back out.

Anonymous said...

My friend was telling me recently that he saw a documentary about wheat being stolen from the australian wheat board and sold in africa (can't remember which country, maybe somalia) by a turkish mafia connection in sheperton (I think?).

I tried searching for news stories about this but can't find anything. Does anyone know anything about this?

Anonymous said...

Travel and forget to come home lurery?

Anyway, read the following and it reminded me to stop by, and further thought I'd leave it here too.

Mystery of a killer elite fuels unrest in Turkey


In the coming days the Ergenekon investigation will reach its climax. According to newspaper reports, a long-awaited indictment will be issued by the state prosecutor. After successive waves of arrests, 47 people are in custody. They include senior figures in the ultra-right-wing Workers' Party, a dozen retired senior army officers, journalists and a lawyer accused of launching legal attacks that drove Nobel award-winning writer Orhan Pamuk from his homeland.

...

But for Mehmet Demirlek, a lawyer defending a colleague accused of being a key member of Ergenekon, the allegations are 'imaginary'. 'There is not a shred of truth in them,' he said. 'This is 100 per cent political. It has all been cooked up by the government and by the imperialist powers, the CIA, Mossad and the Jewish lobby and the European Union to eliminate Turkish nationalism. There is no such thing as Ergenekon.' His imprisoned client, Kemal Kerincsiz, told The Observer in an interview prior to his arrest he was a 'patriot fighting the disintegration of the nation'.

Anonymous said...

Well... DAMMIT M8!

*SIGH* I just get back into the blogsphere after more than a year AWOL (health, life, etc)... and you are nicking off! Typical! LOL

Well... I have a LOT of catching up to do anyway I guess. ;)

Whatever you are doing m8, I really hope all goes well and you have some fun (even it it's travel for work etc).

I left a comment for you at 'Let Sibel Edmonds Speak' also. :)

Take care and all the best! And thanks for the great work over the years. I'll see you around, I want to get active again. :)

Cheers m8! :D